1) Can we please all calm down about Jeremy Lin? I’m sorry to Linterrupt the media orgy, but this guy has (A) an assist:turnover ratio of 1.86; (B) led the Knicks to a winning streak against teams with a combined record of 68-106; and (C) the jumpshot form of a backup point guard on the BHS JV girls squad. I predict that J-Lin will be engaged in a Lintense battle for the 12th man role on the 2013-14 Toronto Raptors.
2) I apologize for my prolonged absence. I’ll be back in the game tomorrow night with a recap of the Clips-Wiz game. It’ll be my first chance to see the Clips at Staples since the Jan. 26 game against Memphis. More importantly, it will be my first ever opportunity to see JaVale McGee in person; anything is possible, including a dunk on the wrong basket.
3) J.R. Smith to the Clippers? If this happens, I’m ready to proclaim the Clips the favorites to win the West.
4) Despite my lack of blogging activity in recent days, I got a near-record amount of traffic today thanks to various permutations of “Chris Paul Fat” Google searches.
5) Speaking of CP3, I thought this Howard Bryant article was one of the best pieces I’ve read about Paul. It’s not your typical “CP3 is a great guy who loves his family” puff piece.
Check back in tomorrow night for my Clips-Wizards recap. Hopefully JaVale (AKA Pierre) McGee will give me something to write about.